Clarence William Smith was booked at 1:19 AM on Monday, February 11th by Portland Police, Central Precinct. Smith was booked into Multnomah County Jail in Portland, Oregon.
The 70 year old male was arrested for suspicion of the below crimes:
No bail has been set for Smith which is listed as a 5 ft 9 in white male weighing approximately 195 lbs.
Clarence William Smith is presumed innocent until proven guilty.Oregon Sentencing Guidelines
Disclaimer: Booking information comes directly from the County Sheriff’s Office and we provide no warranty or guarantee as to the quality of the information presented on this site. For the most accurate and up to date information please contact your local sheriff's office. We are unaffiliated with the Sheriff's office and make no guarantees as to the accuracy of this information. Information presented on this site should not be used to determine guilt, determine innocence, generate criminal history, or perform background checks.
Below are the Oregon laws which may relate to this arrest:
Assault in the fourth degree.
(1) A person commits the crime of assault in the fourth degree if the person:(a) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes physical injury to another; or
(b) With criminal negligence causes physical injury to another by means of a deadly weapon.
(2) Assault in the fourth degree is a Class A misdemeanor.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2) of this section, assault in the fourth degree is a Class C felony if the person commits the crime of assault in the fourth degree and:
(a) The assault is committed in the immediate presence of, or is witnessed by, the person’s or the victim’s minor child or stepchild or a minor child residing within the household of the person or victim;
(b) The person has been previously convicted of violating this section or ORS 163.165, 163.175, 163.185, 163.187 or 163.190, or of committing an equivalent crime in another jurisdiction, and the victim in the previous conviction is the same person who is the victim of the current crime;
(c) The person has at least three previous convictions for violating this section or ORS 163.165, 163.175, 163.185, 163.187 or 163.190 or for committing an equivalent crime in another jurisdiction, in any combination; or
(d) The person commits the assault knowing that the victim is pregnant.
(4) For purposes of subsection (3) of this section, an assault is witnessed if the assault is seen or directly perceived in any other manner by the child. [1977 c.297 §5; 1997 c.694 §1; 1999 c.1073 §1; 2009 c.785 §3; 2015 c.639 §2]
Interference with making a report.
(1) A person commits the crime of interference with making a report if the person, by removing, damaging or interfering with a telephone line, telephone or similar communication equipment, intentionally prevents or hinders another person from making a report to a law enforcement agency, a law enforcement official or an agency charged with the duty of taking public safety reports or from making an emergency call as defined in ORS 403.105.(2) Interference with making a report is a Class A misdemeanor. [1999 c.946 §1; 2015 c.247 §30]