Joshua Trevortodd Hillman was booked at 9:58 PM on Tuesday, July 20th, 2021 by Portland Police, East Precinct. Hillman was booked into Multnomah County Jail in Portland, Oregon.
The 27 year old male was arrested for suspicion of the below crimes:
- MENACING - DV (A Misdemeanor)
- CRIM MISCH I - DV (C Felony)
- RESIST ARREST (A Misdemeanor)
COUNTY HOLD (U Unknown)
Bail has been set to $5,000 for Hillman which is listed as a 5 ft 11 in white male weighing approximately 150 lbs.
Joshua Trevortodd Hillman was arrested in Multnomah County Oregon and Joshua Trevortodd Hillman has a presumption of innocence which means that although the person was arrested, they are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Presumption of innocence” serves to emphasize that the prosecution has the obligation to prove each element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt (or some other level of proof depending on the criminal justice system) and that the accused bears no burden of proof. For more information in presumption of innocence, wikipedia is a great place to start.
This information is made available by the local sheriff’s office near Multnomah County Oregon. For more regarding the Multnomah County Sheriffs department you can visit their website. They can also be contact them at their Frequently asked Questions.Oregon Sentencing Guidelines
Disclaimer: Booking information comes directly from the County Sheriff’s Office and we provide no warranty or guarantee as to the quality of the information presented on this site. For the most accurate and up to date information please contact your local sheriff's office. We are unaffiliated with the Sheriff's office and make no guarantees as to the accuracy of this information. Information presented on this site should not be used to determine guilt, determine innocence, generate criminal history, or perform background checks.
Below are the Oregon laws which may relate to this arrest:
(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if by word or conduct the person intentionally attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.(2) Menacing is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §95]
Criminal mischief in the first degree.
(1) A person commits the crime of criminal mischief in the first degree who, with intent to damage property, and having no right to do so nor reasonable ground to believe that the person has such right:(a) Damages or destroys property of another:
(A) In an amount exceeding $1,000;
(B) By means of an explosive;
(C) By starting a fire in an institution while the person is committed to and confined in the institution;
(D) Which is a livestock animal as defined in ORS 164.055;
(E) Which is the property of a public utility, telecommunications carrier, railroad, public transportation facility or medical facility used in direct service to the public; or
(F) By intentionally interfering with, obstructing or adulterating in any manner the service of a public utility, telecommunications carrier, railroad, public transportation facility or medical facility; or
(b) Intentionally uses, manipulates, arranges or rearranges the property of a public utility, telecommunications carrier, railroad, public transportation facility or medical facility used in direct service to the public so as to interfere with its efficiency.
(2) As used in subsection (1) of this section:
(a) Institution includes state and local correctional facilities, mental health facilities, juvenile detention facilities and state training schools.
(b) Medical facility means a health care facility as defined in ORS 442.015, a licensed physician’s office or anywhere a licensed medical practitioner provides health care services.
(c) Public utility has the meaning provided for that term in ORS 757.005 and includes any cooperative, people’s utility district or other municipal corporation providing an electric, gas, water or other utility service.
(d) Railroad has the meaning provided for that term in ORS 824.020.
(e) Public transportation facility means any property, structure or equipment used for or in connection with the transportation of persons for hire by rail, air or bus, including any railroad cars, buses or airplanes used to carry out such transportation.
(f) Telecommunications carrier has the meaning given that term in ORS 133.721.
(3) Criminal mischief in the first degree is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §147; 1973 c.133 §6; 1975 c.344 §1; 1979 c.805 §1; 1983 c.740 §33a; 1987 c.447 §104; 1987 c.907 §10; 1989 c.584 §2; 1991 c.837 §13; 1991 c.946 §2; 1993 c.94 §1; 1993 c.332 §3; 1999 c.1040 §11; 1999 c.1093 §2; 2003 c.543 §4; 2009 c.16 §6]
(1) A person commits the crime of resisting arrest if the person intentionally resists a person known by the person to be a peace officer or parole and probation officer in making an arrest.(2) As used in this section:
(a) Arrest has the meaning given that term in ORS 133.005 and includes, but is not limited to, the booking process.
(b) Parole and probation officer has the meaning given that term in ORS 181A.355.
(c) Resists means the use or threatened use of violence, physical force or any other means that creates a substantial risk of physical injury to any person and includes, but is not limited to, behavior clearly intended to prevent being taken into custody by overcoming the actions of the arresting officer. The behavior does not have to result in actual physical injury to an officer. Passive resistance does not constitute behavior intended to prevent being taken into custody.
(3) It is no defense to a prosecution under this section that the peace officer or parole and probation officer lacked legal authority to make the arrest or book the person, provided the officer was acting under color of official authority.
(4) Resisting arrest is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §206; 1989 c.877 §1; 1997 c.749 §3; 2005 c.668 §2]